Hello, I’m Yeray
I’m a software engineer based in London, UK. I work as a freelancer helping companies develop maintainable and scalable projects.
I’m a moderator and contributor on PyPI.org and co-organizer of the London Python Meetup. I also like to write about code, usually articles that help people get started on certain technologies or practices that I’ve struggled with or am passionate about. Have look at the blog or my Medium page if you’re interested.
Here’s a quick summary of my personal projects, you can find more on my GitHub profile:
- shoutouts.dev, a website for users of Open Source projects to leave messages of gratitude, currently in beta.
- Lunr.py, a Python implementation of Lunr.js, aiming to bring the simple and powerful full text search capabilities of Lunr.js into Python.
- Futureproof, a thin wrapper over concurrent.futures aiming to solve common pitfalls and usability problems.
- wait_for_it.py, a simple no-dependencies pure Python implementation of the infamous wait-for-it.sh.
- Code samples from Asyncio for the Working Python Developer, Asyncio Coroutine Patterns: Beyond await and What the mock.
- A collection of Jupyter notebooks with Python examples and insights I’ve found interesting.